Friday, October 27, 2006

ReadBecca Loves Formalwear.

Yippee, ReadBecca's going to the ball! The annual Margarita Society Ball is this weekend. ReadBecca rarely attends formal events now that she's out of high school. She had tons of formals then, between homecoming, prom and cotillion events. Yes, ReadBecca was in cotillion. But she was not a debutante. Shocker!

ReadBecca went to one college formal. She wasn't in a sorority. She just slept with their boyfriends. No, I'm kidding. Wait, did I? I'm pretty sure I slept with somebody's boyfriend at some point. I went to rehab for that.

Anyway, ReadBecca is getting tarted up like trash and going to the ball. Her dress has slight petticoat action. However, I've had to give up on the whole garters-and-bustier underpinnings in favor of the more practical Spanx. But man, when I wore garters, I wore the HELL out of them. Somewhere, I have photographic evidence...

I'm surprisingly comfortable in the uncomfortable floor length gown. When everyone else went to change for the after-party, I remained in my elaborate eveningwear. I can't see shelling out all that dough, spending hours getting buffed, polished and up-do'd, only to take it all off as soon as the photo was taken. It took 50 hairpins to accomplish my senior prom hairdo. I go balls out for balls. And after all that, I caught my date kissing Laurel L. Bastard.

I think the real attraction is I get to go nuts on makeup. Bring on the purple glitter eyeshadow and matching cat-eye liner! I used to wear blue AND green eye liner AND blue AND green mascara all at once in the 80s. Blue on the top, green on the bottom. I also wore pink Chuck Taylors. I rocked.

I get to rock again this weekend. I'll be easy to pick out of the crowd. Trust me. If there's one thing ReadBecca knows how to do, it's definitely not blending in.

No comments: