Friday, July 21, 2006

Fabulous Things Come To Those Who Drink Heavily At NorthPark Mall.

Y'all know I shop a lot, right? I am a champeen browser. If I can spend an hour and a half checking stuff out at CVS, imagine the time I consume at Sephora. I have their handy Beauty Insider card, and because of that I was invited to the big new opening party for Sephora and the big new fancy Klinger Salon next door. (Klinger is a long-time Dallas institution like Neiman's, btw, and they are both located across from the opening-soon Barneys New York.)

So I showed up in jeans and a t-shirt because I forgot I live in Dallas. Several people pointed out that Vidal Sassoon's son was there. And they had a Clipboard Lady at the door. She didn't hassle me, so I won't call her a Clipboard Bitch like I normally would.

Hibiscus tea? No thanks. White wine? Eh. Champagne? And how! Keep 'em coming, brother. Prosciuto and fig? I'll pass. Something on endive? Negatory. Coconut shrimp? Only if you want me to go cocoNUTTY!

I drank 4,782 glasses of Heaven and ate the day's catch of a Rockport shrimp boat. I got a goody bag, a chair massage and a color/cut consultation, which brings me to my next point.

This morning, I spent four hours getting my hair colored and cut as a hair model for Bunny and Adam, who were taking classes from some hot-shot, out-of-town people (one of whom was a wee gay Scotsman, at least I assume the gayness, because I'm never wrong about the foreign) and I believe this is rivaling the time I got my hair cut in Paris instead of going to the Louvre. You will be amazed.

Go see them. Bunny for color and Adam for cut. Klinger Salon, NorthPark Mall, Dallas, Texas.

And yes, I really did say "Hi Handsome!" to a gay cater waiter. That is what 4,782 glasses of Heaven will bring a girl to.

No comments: