Sunday, July 22, 2007

I Feel Sorry For Worms.

In the mornings I see worms that got trapped on the sidewalk when dawn came and burned up like vampires in the sun. It's so sad they A.) they are unaware of the sun; B.) they're so slow they can't escape. Poor worms.

I may have found a new migraine cure. After enduring the pain for nearly 24 hours, I took a trip to Walgreen's, always a good time, and loaded up on supplies. Coca-Cola, bottled water, and ice cream. Then I watched Red Dwarf on PBS. I feel better. I just wish I could sleep. That would be awesome. I forgot to buy an ice pack. I keep using quart size freezer bags, but I am afraid I'll pop it or not properly zip it up and then I'll get glacial melt water all over my favorite pillow. I can't have a sodden pillow in the middle of a migraine crisis. I'm definitely feeling better. I can read the screen without wanting to hold on to something to stop all the spinning. That's good. 'Cause yeah, I'm a geek and stood in line last night to get Harry Potter, but the whole standing in line thing I think triggered the headache so I haven't been able to read past Chapter 10 because of the whole eye-strain-headache syndrome. Mostly I just keep my eyes closed as much as possible in these situations.

I hear police helicopters a lot lately at night. Ah, life in the big city. I think I've had enough typing and screen glare. I think I might be able to sleep some more. The best cure for feeling like crap for any reason is being unconscious. Mmmm, comatose.

No comments: