Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Well, Fuck ME, Sweden, As It Turns Out.

Sweden - 3
ReadBecca - 0

Not only was I wrong about the shelves being faulty, I cut my hand on the glorified laminated cardboard backing piece, which drew blood, and I was wrong about needing the drill. They provide this little hand-cranky thing that made me feel like I was starting a Model T. Ikea means "Just because the instructions are internationally understood pictographs doesn't mean you'll follow them correctly, you ignorant American." There wasn't a damn thing wrong with the shelves. The half-circles were where the pins fit in the adjustable shelves. Bookcase successfully assembled. Books successfully out of dresser drawers. ReadBecca contrite.

Level of realization there are many more books in boxes in the storage closet: High.
Next Ikea storage solution: Chosen. And measured. Will fit CD player. And serve as bar.
Height of Eiffel Tower lamp: Too tall. Trade places with paper shredder.
Level of realization ReadBecca didn't measure paper shredder: High
Confidence level that paper shredder will fit on non-adjustable shelf: Medium-low

And all this home-storage assembly was done without the aid of adult beverages. Amazing. Now I only have to get a job. And pay tuition. And get something to eat. I'm freakin' starving.

Just in case it wasn't completely clear:

Sorry, Sweden. My bad.

No comments: