Tuesday, December 27, 2005

100 Blogs of Solitude

Unlike our pal WritingGal, I'm not giving anything away to the 100th commenter. I'm shocked as hell I'm still posting in the first place. Me, I get bored and move on. Like the time I tried to teach myself to crochet. I made a sort of trapezoid about 4x3x2x3 inches. I'm not a crafty gal.

But I like hammering things. I watch The New Yankee Workshop on PBS all the time and I'm amazed by carpentry. And I love how Norm Abrams takes care of every detail. I hate it when people don't miter the corners of their molding properly. I notice those things. But I am so impatient, I can't measure anything because it takes too long. I want it done perfectly, now. I bet I'm a pain in the ass to live with.

I need a haircut, a massage, a manicure, a pedicure and a facial. I'll settle for the haircut and the massage. Someone go make me a cup of tea. God, I'm so high maintenance.

Question: At what point does taking a nap become going to bed at three in the afternoon? Last Thursday, I left work at noon, had lunch with Matt, picked up some DVDs and took a nap on the sofa. I woke up at 9 pm. I slept for about six hours. Is that a nap or did I go to bed and get a short night's sleep? Note: I was not sick, pregnant, drunk or up all night. Discuss.

No comments: