Thursday, December 15, 2005

What I Want For Christmas

Every year, I go nuts and buy myself an extravagant Christmas present. I kinda did that already this time, so I won't be getting myself anything else. (That's the problem when you go shopping and buy the entire line of Laura Mercier and don't look at price tags on anything. You get a shock when the credit card bill comes.) So due to my grieving through visits to Target and my have-to-look-good-in-Vegas trips to Nordstrom, I believe Christmas is done for Dis.

But if someone else were to get me a present, this is what I would like:

All the DVDs of the great Christmas specials I loved as a kid so I can hang with Yukon, Baby New Year with the big ears, Aeon the bird who kidnapped him, Charlie in the Box, Rudolph, Frosty in his snappy vest, the caveman from the Archipelago of Time whose upper jaw moved instead of his lower jaw, The Abominable Snow Monster, Mr. Heat Miser & Mr. Freeze, young Kris Kringle and the missus and the gang from Peanuts.

Oh the good memories I have of all of them! Back before Christmas got complicated. Before I had to choose between parents. When I believed.

When I watch the shows on TV now, I get a little of my childhood innocence back and it is a precious thing. Having the DVDs would be like having the Christmas spirit in a bottle.

No comments: