Friday, December 16, 2005

Everyone Go To Will Clarke's Reading Tomorrow

Will Clarke, author of "Lord Vishnu's Love Handles" which will soon be made into a feature film, is reading and autographing tomorrow at 3 p.m. at Border's on Greenville at Lover's, across the street from Central Market. (Niebaum, I expect to see you there. I am going to be so hungover.)

Will is a refugee from advertising who wrote his book at the same Starbucks I go to. He is every Dallas advertising employee's secret dream. We will worship him as a god.

Also, BIG NEWS AT DISRESPECCA'S OFFICE!

They fired Sarge last night after he made yours truly and another co-worker cry in the same meeting. First, Dis ran out in tears and slammed the door, then co-worker B ran out in tears and slammed the door harder. Dis was comforted in the ladies' room by Laura the nice woman who cleans up after us. She hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, but since she only speaks Spanish and I only speak English, I'm not really sure what she said. Co-worker B went straight to Sarge's boss who went to HR and that's all she wrote. It's unfortunate this is what it comes to, but I'm so glad it's over.

Book club Chrismukkah party tonight! Rock on!

No comments: