Monday, December 19, 2005

Oh, The Weather Outside Was Possibly Frightful, But I Wouldn't Know Because I Never Left The Couch.

I missed The Will Clarke Show due to over indulgence. I got your message, Niebaum, but I was too hungover to have a conversation.

I saw Gary Cogill, the movie reviewer, at the Balcony Club with Matt after the book club party and promptly alienated him by proclaiming loudly, "Hey that's that guy from TV! I think his name is Ed Bark!" Ed Bark is the television reviewer, and as far as I know, he doesn't have a show and doesn't go to Cannes. Oops. Gary ran away from me and sat by himself in a booth. I am not good with celebs when I'm hammered. I did the same thing to Babe Laufenberg on my birthday one year.

We also ran into Toaster Boy, who hit on me as usual. Ah Colm, that ship sailed long ago. Actually, it was never launched in the first place.

It was a good book club party. I got Jacquie's book and I haven't read "Snow Falling on Cedars" so I was happy and she was happy and all was right with the world. She's so pretty. What a gal!

I found out Surgeon Steve reads my blog and I'm a little freaked out, but I don't know why. I mean, I know people read this thing and it's not like I'm trying to hide anything. And I'm pretty sure he already knew I was nuts. So everyone say hi to Surgeon Steve!

It amazes me that someone my age and that I know holds lives in his hands every day and still drinks cocktails (not when he's on call) and is normal. Wow. I have accomplished so very little. No, that's not true. I'm fabulous and I bring the flair. And when I'm done with nursing school it'll be like ER and I'll be the nurse who knows everything and he'll be the surgeon with a terrible bedside manor and there will be friendly banter. I love television.

Surgeon Steve and Doctor Kory (who is also a surgeon btw) are good people and I'm glad I know them. I would so let either one of them operate on me if I needed it. Just don't leave a big scar, ok?

No comments: