Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005: Lindsay Said It Would Be My Year, And She Was Right

My good pal Lindsay is a freakin' prophet. 2005 was a good year for me. A lot of stuff happened, but the action was mostly internal. I spent the year getting my shit together. I mean, it's always been about me, but this year it was in a good way. Monica once said she was "exfoliating [her] life" and that's how I feel too. My life got microdermabrasion in 2005. Monica and Lindsay - wise women, those two.

I have a tendency to get lost and howl at the injustice of it all. Howling is fine. You have to howl occasionally. But then you have to stop howling and freakin' eat the caribou. I am devouring the caribou in 2006 and there's plenty to share with the pack. I don't have to eat the whole thing. But I get first crack at it, being the alpha female of my own life.

I'm going to get a CritterCam from those penguin guys and make a wildlife documentary about myself. See you at Sundance!

PS. Love and happiness to you and yours, and lots of mixed metaphors while I'm at it.

No comments: