Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Interviewing: I'm Not Wild About It, Either.

Interview did not go as well as I expected. I was told I made some mistakes I shouldn't have. I thought some of them were simply judgment calls, and I would have argued my point if it was a real-life situation. But it's not good form to argue with someone who's interviewing you. In any case, I don't expect a call back.

Which is fine. They just wanted me to dance. Editors don't work directly with writers there. What is the point in that, I ask? What they want is a proofreader so they can say "DANCE, MONKEY! DANCE!" I am a copy editor. And if I have to explain the difference, then I am going to punch you in the face next time I see you.

I found three more leads, which is my unemployment quota each week. And it's only Wednesday! I can watch Lost in peace knowing that's taken care of. Now if they'd just send me my severance money so I can spend it all on vodka tonics. Or, you know, food. And souvenirs from New York. I'm going to write something about how to vacation in New York for 50 cents a day when I get back, if I really go. I need to make some calls on that topic.

I can't think of anything else. Being out of work is robbing me of creativity. I'm not getting enough contact with other human beings so I'm missing the spark that anger always brought to the blog.

I think I'll sit on a street corner for an hour and see what happens.

No comments: