Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day: I'm Not Wild About It.

I haven't liked Valentine's Day since I was 16. A guy told me he couldn't see me anymore that day at like 7:30 in the morning. Granted, he was 28 years old and went to high school with my older cousins, one of whom had given him a call and suggested he rethink dating me. He was the Young Life leader. Scott Something. He picked me up for our first date and I was wearing Keds and my socks and my hair ribbon matched. He was wearing a Cosby sweater that really brought out the gray in his hair. It was the only date both my parents waited up for me. On the couch. In the living room. With all the lights on. And the TV was off. To this day, I can't believe they let me even leave the house with him.

So I'm not big on Valentine's Day.

On a completely different note, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a freelance position. They actually wanted to hire me full time, but I turned them down. They want me to work nights. Yeah, I don't want to. I'll charge them time and a half working nights as a freelancer so it won't cut into my cabana boy time. Ah, Raoul makes a mean rum punch.

The birthday celebration will indeed involve pancakes, only at a cute little diner called Lucky's. I'm going to drink 35 mimosas to commemorate the day.

You know who's surprisingly funny? Martha Stewart. She had Kenny Mayne on today, and was freakishly fun to watch. Man, I miss SportsCenter. I used to watch it in college because I thought it was funny. It was usually 2 in the morning, so maybe everything was funny then.

Happy V-day to you, grudgingly.

No comments: