Thursday, November 29, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Methought I heard a voice cry “Sleep no more! Macbeth does murder sleep,” the innocent sleep, Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care, The death of each day’s life, sore labor’s bath, Balm of hurt minds, great nature’s second course, Chief nourisher in life’s feast.

I can't explain how good it felt to sleep in my own bed, soundly and through the night, only to be awakened by Zipperhead, an old high school buddy who now flies for Homeland Security. Zip's called me four times in the last week. He called me sober this morning and asked me all the same questions he asked me when he called me drunk the first three times. He usually calls me from the tub, but he's an amateur. No bubbles.

But that's ok because I needed a wake-up call. The power went out and my alarm clock was blinking like all git-out when the phone rang at 9:30. Note to self: change back-up battery. The power goes out too frequently for no reason to live dangerously without it.

I've been on the Internet for three hours and I have nothing to show for it. It's weird. I got some things done today, but since it's virtual, I don't have any proof. I don't even have a list to check off. To-do lists make some people, and by some people I mean Stef, feel great when they cross stuff off. I just feel inadequate looking at all the crap I have to do, especially if I can't cross off every single thing. The worst thing in the world is a to-do list with everything crossed off except one. I'd rather cross nothing off. I keep telling you my brain doesn't work like yours.

Hey there's a new bar in town which I am curious and excited about. I intend to check it for wi-fi as soon as possible. I should come up with a rating symbol. What would be a good graphical representation of ReadBecca? "ReadBecca gives this bar two and a half Foreigners." What about Bitter Points? That begs the question, is a high number of Bitter Points good or bad? Or I could start equating things to countries, like so: "If this bar were a country, it would be Rwanda." I could also use states. "This bar is Kentucky. Let's get out of here."

Any suggestions, pets?

No comments: