Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sesquicentennial Post: I Been Busy.

Hell School Is. (School is teachers who don't know teaching facts that aren't true to kids who don't care.)

I have been carrying around this Matt Groening comic since 1989 that shows the emotional state at varying points in life. It is hilarious and accurate.

I have never had a job and went to school simultaneously before and it is difficult. I think it's more difficult because I am old.

I pulled an all-nighter to finish a project and let me tell you, I wanted to die. I was walking around downtown talking to myself before class and stepped in front of two separate moving cars when crossing two different streets. Then the damn thing wouldn't print. I was muttering in class because I was too tired to keep my thoughts in my head where they belong.

But not only did I get the A I set out to get, I got the highest average in the class, which again makes me King of the Dipshits due to the whole Lyndon Johnson thing.

I'm learning Anatomy and Physiology now and I am D-U-M-B. Last night I was identifying the stages of cell mitosis (I don't know what that means) and got five out of ten questions wrong. I looked at the answer key, went back to try again, and - even knowing the answer - I got a couple wrong twice.

I failed Chemistry in high school. Mr. Y gave me a passing grade anyway because he said even though I tried as hard as I could, I had no aptitude for it and he thought I would never pass and couldn't graduate without it.

I cheated in Geometry (I just had to ask my officemate which math had triangles in it) because I knew I'd fail if I didn't.

I failed Zoology in college, but that was because I went out with Larry Salerno every Wednesday night and didn't ever make it to class at eight Thursday morning.

I got a D in Meterology. Cumulonimbus!

I think I passed Geology, but I never could tell the difference between rocks and minerals. It's also the only class I was ever encouraged to lick something to identify it, and I took The Psychology of Human Sexual Behavior.

To sum up, I am not science-smart and I have to get an A in this thing if I ever want to get into a nursing program. (I don't need no stinkin' science to deliver babies!) Would you all like to start wagering on the likelihood of a passing grade? It's about 100 to 1 I'll get it on the first try, so I probably won't sell my books back since I'll need them again. (What a racket, the bookstore.)

I like to learn stuff, but man I hate feeling stupid. Why do all the models in the lab look EXACTLY the same to me?

No comments: