Friday, January 27, 2006

DALLAS! STARS! DALLAS! STARS!

Oh man you have GOT to go to a hockey game!

Stefanie got her sexy little hands on some tickets Wednesday. SOME tickets? Uh, they were SECOND ROW OFF THE GLASS tickets! Directly across from the Stars bench. You get a free program with seats like that, which Monica and I used to pick out the hottest players before the game started. Johan Hedberg, please be my love slave, and bring that kid Klemm with you while you're at it.

You can see everything. The players are all sweaty and manly and like two feet away. And when this girl sang the National Anthem, she didn't suck and whenever the word "star" is in the song, everyone shouts it out like this:

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright STARS!, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that STAR!-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

It's like Manifest Destiny that we're going to win. And it was a great game! They tied and went into overtime, then when no one scored, they had a shoot out! And the Stars won! Because of Manifest Destiny! And the winning goal was made by the awesomely named SERGEI ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBOV! And because the Stars scored at least 3 goals, everyone got a free taco! I can't resist a sport where the announcer comes on and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, that was the TACO GOOOOAAALLL!" And I was so into it that I didn't even have to look up anything on ESPN to refresh my memory.

I am not a sports girl. I don't care who's playing or who wins. I do not own a lucky orange thong like some people I know who enjoy Longhorn football.

But Dallas Stars hockey, hell yeah! I had a fantastic time.

No comments: