Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oh, How I Love You, Coffee.

Delicious coffee, come live with me and be my love. Open my sleepy eyes and send my heart racing. Please bring some mints for the post-coffee afterglow. I'm never worried you won't be there in the morning. I know you'll still love me tomorrow. You are the best imaginary boyfriend ever. Better than Collin Farrell pre- or post-rehab, even better than my latest imaginary boyfriend Jamie Cullum whom I just met.

I met him during the closing moments of Austin City Limits last week and fell in love. Thanks to PBS for introducing us on a blind date. I ran right out and bought two of his CDs (on sale). Who'd a thunk it? Me in love with a man who plays jazz. I had to ask someone at Virgin Mega where to look. Gross, jazz. But they say opposites attract and here we are! Totally in love and in a secret love triangle with coffee. Don't tell Jamie. All those lonely nights when he's on tour are hard on a girl, but when we kiss, ooh FIRE.

Jamie and I were so loud the other day that my flannel-wearing neighbor had to ask us to keep it down. I was blushing to be caught in flagrante, especially since we were doing it in the kitchen, Fight Club-style with yellow rubber gloves. It's going to so awkward when I see that neighbor in the laundry room.


www.jamiecullum.com

No comments: