Thursday, January 12, 2006

ReadBecca Year In Review: Definitely Not A Firable Offense

ReadBecca was reviewed today, kids, and her computer and stuff were still working when she got out of the meeting so yay, I don't have to go on the dole!

I scored a solid two. That's good. Five is the lowest. I got ones in some categories, but overall, I'm a two.

After the meeting, I stole a hot pink Mardi Gras mask off one of the Other Rebecca's desk. I wore my glasses on top. It looked freaky. I just kept working, in my mask. I carried on conversations like nothing was amiss. Sort of like the time I asked the CEO if we could get a dog.

There's a guy who has a toilet in his cube so Masked ReadBecca is not the weirdest thing going around here. There's a another guy who put his self-recorded rap number on iTunes. He gives "mad love to" the CEO. It's advertising.

WritingGal and Tipful Thea are having a joint birthday party with karaoke, which is essential for WritingGal. I hear she specifically requested "Pour Some Sugar On Me" at her wedding reception. And since she thinks it's her birthday or something, she's going to sing Neil Diamond, which is what I always sing because you can sort of fake it through "Love On the Rocks" when you accessorize with a half-empty drink and a cigarette, strategically flicked at the audience at the first chorus. And you know some sucker is going to go with "Sweet Caroline" and that is just too much Neil.

So I need back-up karoake suggestions. Help a brother out.

No comments: