Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Do Not Want To Hear Your Explanation, Co-Worker.

Idiot Copy Writer keeps losing things I need to do my job. He keeps coming in my office and telling me over and over how it's not his fault. Seeing as how he can't even remember talking about the thing he did yesterday that he lost between 4 pm and 10 am this morning, I'm pretty sure it's his fault. The conversation goes like this:

ReadBecca: "You didn't make those changes so I marked them again and brought the copy back to you and I told you that I marked the changes you didn't make again and you said ok. You took the copy out of my hands. I need it. Where is it?"

Idiot Copy Writer: "What copy?"

RB: "The copy for this job that needs to go to the printer.

ICW: "But I made the changes the first time. See how I didn't highlight them as I didn't do them?"

RB: "After I told you you didn't make them the first time, I gave you a second mark-up, which is the latest approved copy."

ICW: "I made them the first time. I haven't seen you in a week."

RB: "You did not and we talked about this yesterday afternoon and the day before that and the day before that.

ICW: "The changes are in the current copy that you signed off on that I gave the Mac artist this morning."

RB: "The copy you gave me and the Mac artist this morning has not been approved. See? I have not signed it. Where is the second mark-up that I signed yesterday afternoon?"

ICW: "That copy is the approved one you looked at. See how it doesn't have any signatures?"

RB: "The copy was signed and marked up with changes for you to make that you have no proof you actually made since you had to be told twice to make them. No one has seen the approved copy since I gave it to you. Have you even looked for it?"

ICW: "You never gave me a second mark-up so I don't need to look."

RB: "I did so give you a second mark-up. I have proof. Go look."

ICW: "I don't remember anything I did after lunch yesterday."

RB: "Then how do you know I didn't bring you changes in the afternoon before the 4 o'clock meeting?"

ICW: "The Mac artist lost it."

Mac artist interjects: "Dude, she's right."

ICW: "The traffic coordinator lost it."

Traffic coordinator interjects: "I was out of the office after 1 pm yesterday."

ICW: "The junior art buyer lost it."

RB: "The junior art buyer never had it. I have proof."

ICW: "This job has been fucked up from the beginning and I've never been involved in the process this far so I don't even know why I need to update the copy. I mean, the legal doesn't have to be correct or anything, am I right?"

RB: "This job has been fucked up the last three times I've seen it because you keep losing the approved copy I signed off on and we keep having this conversation."

ICW: "It can't possibly be my fault. The account executive has lost control of the client."

RB: "Call me when you three have a plan."

ICW, MA, TC: [arguing, blaming, calling supervisors]

No comments: