Tuesday, March 28, 2006

If The Pope Came To Dinner

I would make teriyaki salmon with jasmine rice and spinach salad with mandarin oranges and balsamic vinaigrette. I'm assuming he would visit in the summer and that would be a nice thing to eat when it's so hot outside you're never really that hungry anyway.

For dessert, fresh berries and whipped cream. If he wanted to say mass that would be cool. I've never been an altar girl. That was all new-fangled when I was a kid and controversial down in Corpus Christi. It would be like when my aunt and uncle had their friend the priest over and he'd say mass in the dining room. It's still my favorite way to go to church. I would totally have a private chapel on my estate if I were rich.

Wouldn't that be cool? Me and Father Benedict just hanging out, saying mass and having a nice piece of fish.

No comments: