Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fall Fashion Preview

I've been looking at the new fall lines for a month already. I'm obsessed. I'm even considering getting some high-heeled shearling clogs. Shearling clogs! I'll be the most fashionable sherpa in Dallas.

My college roomie Kimbo is engaged. I'm a bridesmaid. Boy howdy, I can't wait to tell the story about the time we were drinking at home and decided we both needed a man and went to The Tap to find some. The Tap had a square bar. We walked in, Kim went one way around the bar, I went the other and we met back at the front door 20 minutes later, each with a man in tow. Man, we were brazen hussies. I wouldn't even dream of pulling such a stunt now.

Anyway, I've been looking at wedding dresses for Kim on the Internet the last two days. In white, of course. Remember what Annie told Millie, "Honey, we all deserve to wear white."

I've also been looking at bridesmaid dresses, 'cause I get to be one. We are so going to drink too much at the shower. I can't wait for the shot-glass wedding favors. Woo!

And I've been hunting for a formal dress that will travel well to New York in February for Lindsay and Chuck's big day. Let me tell you, there are some seriously tacky things masquerading as fashion in this world. I saw a baby blue poofy quinceneara dress in the window of a bridal shop down the street from the bar where the only-gay-in-the-States recent immigrants hang out. I might get it and wear it ironically to show the New Yorkers them Texans is funny.

It's none of your business why I know that bar and its clientele. Didn't I just say I was a brazen hussy?

No comments: