Monday, August 29, 2005

Shocking New Development

I got my results back today from the Jackson Vocational Interest Survey Dr. Hampton gave me. (I promise I won't be that girl who talks all the time about what her shrink said.)

I majored in the completely wrong subject. I'm so glad to know finally that I wouldn't have been happier going to UT rather than A&M because I rated highest for Environmental Resource Management, which is really a big deal with Aggies. And which is totally weird because just the other day my dad was joking about me being a game warden and I thought it was ridiculous. Dads are smart.

I thought I wasted the '90's on drinking Lone Star Light because it was always on sale at Apple Tree, that one summer I smoked dope every day and my little brother used to pinch my bag and he thought I wouldn't notice, and sleeping with moronic guys in the Corps. Turns out the real problem was I wasn't supposed to be an English major. No wonder it took me nine years to graduate.

Also surprising is that I have a strong general interest in Engineering. WTF? Maybe that's why I don't need the instructions when I buy something that has to be assembled.

I ranked even higher in my interest in Medicine. It's #4 on my occupations list. Who the hell am I? Was I supposed to go to med school? Get me an application. STAT!

My interest in writing was shockingly low. It's only #11 on the list. Sport and Recreation ranked higher. I'M A FUCKING COACH! I never played a team sport in my life. Day is night! Up is down! I no longer feel guilty about not having a half-written novel under my bed. Explains why I don't post every day, too.

The top three job groups for me were Fine Art (Charlotte York), Entertainment (rock star), and Commercial Art (all the Art Directors I've been berating for the last six years for not knowing how to spell).

Who would have ever guessed I'd be a jock game warden with a merit badge in first aid and a nice collection of Picasso sketches who plays in a band on the side and freelances for Goodby in my spare time? You just can't make this shit up.

No comments: