Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Hab A Cold Ib By Dose.

I knew I was getting sick on Friday when I woke up with the telltale sore throat. I got ready Friday night by buying generic Claritin D and a new thermometer. I never had a fever, which was disappointing. I kind of like that fever feeling when you're not really awake and not really asleep and you're burning up and freezing all at the same time. You're miserable, but it feels so good when the fever breaks, it's worth it.

I had an out-of-body experience once when I had a fever when I was little. This was before we moved to Texas, so I was really little, like three or four. I remember I was supposed to be in bed taking a nap, but I went outside and I was balancing on this concrete wall and I scraped my knee. I knew I would be in trouble for being outside, so I couldn't go in to get my knee patched up.

So I went in the back yard and got on one of the swings and sat there feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't get sympathy for my scrape since I wasn't supposed to be out there in the first place. It suddenly felt like I was in a super-fast elevator and I was looking down on myself as a little kid sitting there crying, but the me that was watching wasn't a child.

I remember thinking and feeling like an adult for just a few seconds and understanding the poor kid's dilemma and then whoosh I was back in my body and I remember the physical sensation of it, like when you hit the brakes hard and unexpectedly and you lurch forward. Little kid me was a little freaked out and I jumped up off that swing and ran into the house.

Craaaazzzyyyyy.

Anyway, I sort of like having a fever was the point.

No comments: