Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mourning Is Hard.

A great big thank you to everyone who's called or posted to let me know you're thinking of me. You've all been really great. I cried so much Sunday and Monday I gave myself a migraine yesterday and took the day off. But I'm better now.

I wish Grandpa Tex would come visit me, but he must be pretty busy explaining himself for some stuff up in heaven. He said Uncle Hubert, Aunt Louise and Grandma had all come to visit him and he knew for sure it was Hubert because he sat on the end of the bed and he was heavy and wouldn't get off Grandpa's feet. So Tex had a welcoming committee when he kicked it. Good. We should all be so lucky.

I'm my usual anti-holiday family gathering self. We're only working a half day today so I'm off to Ikea maybe and then to get DVDs and books. I haven't been grocery shopping yet, so it may be a Marie Calender's frozen dinner for Thanksgiving. There's pretty much no such thing as a turkey for one. I'm off to Vegas next week for plenty of Dad and Step-Linda time.

And I invited Crazy Linda to come visit me in Dallas after Thanksgiving. I know. It's the grief talking. Anyway, she's a wreck and it beats going down to Houston where all the real drama happens. I'm so going to need all my friends around to be the buffer.

I'll post from Vegas and let you know what's happening. Dad says he's going to make me go camping. Ho. Lee. Craaaaaap.

Happy Turkey Day, my little crumpets!

For those of you who have my number, feel free to call and see how many glasses of wine I've had by noon tomorrow. Cheers!

No comments: