Friday, November 25, 2005

I'm Tired Of You, Tony Soprano.

Over the last three days, I watched the complete fifth season of The Sopranos, and might I say, so what?

I was really interested in all the characters but now I'm all feh. Adriana was the only one who seemed even a little bit human but boy was she stupid. It's hard to root for someone that dumb. And Tony. He is just awful. I thought he had some redeeming qualities, but no, he doesn't. He lost me when he deliberately provoked Janice when her anger management classes actually seemed to be working and then walked away smiling. Sociopath. No hope for him. Why bother watching the next season if they ever make it? I'm going to mentally wack Tony myself and be done with the whole thing. And what the hell is wrong with Dr. Melfi? I can't even start with her or we'll be here all night.

So to sum up, Sopranos Thanksgiving marathon, not so much.

I should have rented "GiGi" and "Brigadoon" instead. Note to self: Let's do musicals with happy frolicking at Christmas. It's not Steve McQueen, but I think I've had enough of the ironic holiday film festival for a while.

I need a hug and a cookie.

No comments: