Friday, October 21, 2005

fashionista? or fuginator?

Ok, so I also promised Disrespecca that I would write about some of her favorite topics, like shoes, work, and things to hate. Let's start with shoes.

The wife and I have been trying to stick to a budget lately, which is hard on a girl that loves her shoppin'. So when I recently fell into to some extra cash, I decided I would buy her a pair of shoes she had been eyeballing. Technically speaking, I gave her cash, which sounds kind of rude and impersonal, but I did make my own little note with a big shoe on it that said, "Happy Shoe Day!", with the intention of giving her not only a pair of new shoes, but also the shopping experience that goes along with it.

Time to spill the beans. She wants a pair of clogs. To be more specific, she wants a pair of slightly-fuzzy, pony-print, professional Dansko clogs. These shoes are not only interesting to look at, but also very comfortable; and with autumn just around the corner, make for a very seasonal set of chaussure.

Question is: Fashionable or Fugly?

Let's hold off a second. More beans to spill. It so happens that I personally own not one, but two pairs of men's Dansko clogs; one black pair, one brown pair, oiled leather professional. I happen to love these things and I look forward to the forthcoming clog wearing season.

Fashion or Fug?

But let's also consider that the answer to this question might vary greatly with geography. Like other departments of fashion, acceptability varies greatly between Dallas and Austin. Sort of a Neiman Marcus vs Whole Earth kind of thing.

So bring on the comments and confessionals. Are clogs hot or not?

No comments: