Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Someone's Been Sleeping In My Blog.

Good job, Tucker. If I were Johnny, I'd invite you over to the couch.

There wasn't enough cursing, but there was a mention of drugs, which I'm so telling your kid about someday, so that counts. The suspense almost killed me, but I never looked at what you were up to. I kept writing CHARLIE DON'T SURF on a post-it pad every time I was tempted.

Not reading was hard.

I dreaded going home at night. I bugged my friends instead. I went over to Matt's uninvited. Watched Lost. I watched hockey with Stefanie and went to bed early. I bought jeans. I went to happy hour and discovered once again that yes, boys are THAT stupid. Every time I find that out again, it's like I'm fucking Columbus discovering the New World. I sat around on the couch for like an hour without the tv on and without reading and I got sleepy so I took a nap. I went over to Stefanie's. I tried to get her drunk. We went to the store next to the oyster bar where I lied to the clerk and said we were there for a friend. (Note to self: Greenville selection much better, but no punch card.) He had purple hair. I wasn't fooling him with my transparent story. Stefanie kicked me out of her house at 10 because she was tired. She watches a lot of CBS. I ate pancakes on Sunday. Joyce waits on me every time and never remembers my strawberry jam. Then I went shopping for a halloween costume. And now I don't like it but I can't take it back. Stupid seasonal holiday store. Monday I went to dinner with the girls for Stefanie's birthday, stopping off to pick up her gift. Saw bum being hassled. Possibly he was a hustler, not a bum. It was the gayborhood so who knows?

Not reading is interesting. I'm going to have to do it more often, like maybe twice a year or something. The hardest part was not surfing the Internet at work when I was bored. And I totally failed at not reading personal emails. My house is not any less dirty, but I do feel like I spent more time catching up with my friends this week. I have no idea what's happening in the news, and I don't really care. I stopped watching the news on tv a while back. But now I might have to stop reading it too.

Crap, I gotta go. Sarge.

No comments: