Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Book Club of Two

So Tucker's still around and we're trading books.

He mailed me the CD's from the Breedlove ReUnify gigs (I said "gigs.") with the first book in the Master and Commander series, which I brilliantly reviewed as "Fat man in a little boat" and "Harlequin romance novels for men." I'm still proud of that little witticism. I even got name-checked on his wife's blog for it.

I assigned him "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" from Tuesdays With Vino because we all loved it and I'm glad to report Tucker did too.

My next Tucker homework assignment is something called "The Education of Little Tree" which I know nothing about. But remember Tucker is the guy who told me to read "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and that was dynamite between covers. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

And now I giggle. I assigned science fiction-lovin', football season-obsessing Tucker –- wait for it -– SENSE AND SENSIBILITY. I'll give him extra credit if he watches the Emma Thompson movie adaptation too.

I can't wait for when he's ready for the next one. I've got an idea.

No comments: