Thursday, September 22, 2005

Crazy Linda Calms Down. Slightly.

I talked to CL on the way to work this morning. She was up all night worrying. She has to spend the night at the hospital she works at tonight. She told me the hospital gets "special reports" about what to expect injury-wise. I had to explain to her that it was a worst-case scenario that hospitals prepare for, and that the winds she's so scared of won't be that strong by the time they reach her, an hour inland from Galveston. This is one world-class mountain-out-of-a-molehill-making woman. I had to get her focused and saying out loud what was actually happening, rather than what she's imagining will happen, which gets worse and worse the more she thinks about it. I tried to break her out of her loop and I think I did, at least for the time I had her on the phone. I'm so learning stuff from the head-shrinker!

No comments: