Friday, September 30, 2005

You Know What Turns Me On?

Total strangers leaving comments on ReadBecca. Patt, Tivo and Anonymous, I love you, man! I have no idea who you are or how you got here, but I'm so glad you did. Maybe we'll all be in People Magazine someday.

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't love the people I do know who leave comments. You kids are my bread and butter. Just don't tell anyone in my family, you know I'm talking about Crazy Linda, because that would make the holidays a real bitch.

Wait, I forgot you dudes know my favorite way to spend Christmas is watching Steve McQueen movies and waiting for people to call me, or for Thea to ambush me and bring me a plate of goodies from her mom. That cake was really good, btw. Crazy Linda's contribution to my holiday cheer is to yell at me for not coming "home," which is a place I've never even seen. You know, because I don't like to visit the asylum and I hate her husband. That loser.

Obviously, it's almost October. I can tell because I'm already dreading the whole what-are-you-doing-for-Christmas conversation that comes every year, like the first snowfall, and ends in someone hanging up on someone else.

Hey! This year the Steve McQueen marathon will be on DVD! God bless us, every one!

No comments: