Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Gave In.

Yesterday, I bought a DVD player. I had to. Most newly released movies aren't coming out on VHS anymore. Also, I found a DVD with morning/evening 20-minute yoga lessons and it didn't come in VHS, so I had to go DVD.

Only I haven't quite yet. I tried to hook it up, but I need a flux capacitor. See, apparently, new-fangled TVs have some sort of yellow receptacle thingie that matches the yellow receptacle thingie on DVD players. Only my TV is old-fangled. Hence, no yellow receptacle thingie to plug the tri-colored cord into.

Jesus, what happened to co-ax? That's what I used last time I had to hook up any TV-related objects. Anyway, I have to go into the GFZ (Geek-Friendly Zone) to acquire said flux capacitor so I can do yoga naked in the privacy of my own home. Man, getting all zen takes a lot more equipment than I expected. Think the geeks will be nicer to me if I tell them I need this gizmo so I can do naked yoga?

P.S. My new yoga mat is a soothing grass-green.
P.P.S. I'm not really going to be naked. I will do yoga in pajamas. Most of the time.

No comments: