Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Job.

I know I keep saying I need a new job, but I'm wavering again. Where else will I be able to take naps on a nice leather couch during lunch? That's a pretty big perk.

I'm getting a new boss on Monday. I've been assigned to be his "buddy." Yes, we have an official buddy program, except it's supposed to be a peer-based thing. I think it's supremely weird that I'm expected to take my new boss out to lunch on his first day and pay for it, then expense it. Yeah. I told you it was weird. They couldn't think of anyone in a non-subordinate role? I had to buddy the last new guy and he told our current boss I was short with him and got annoyed when he asked questions. You would think they would be a sign of my unsuitability for the buddy program in general, but no. I have to buddy my freakin' boss.

I'm so not doing it. Either the whole team goes or this Ken character can eat a sandwich at his desk.

No comments: